In response to a community need, the Board of Directors of the Julius Richardson Convalescent Hospital sold land adjacent to the Richardson for $1.00 to the Corporation d’Hébergement du Québec in order to build a nursing home. That nursing home officially opened in October 1983.
Henri-Bradet Residential Centre is named in honour of a beloved local priest, Dominican Father Henri Bradet who pastored Nôtre-Dame de Grâce church from 1946 to 1960.
The nursing home houses 125 elderly residents.
Since April 1, 2015, Henri-Bradet Residential Centre is a member of the Integrated Health and Social Services University Health Network for West-Central Montreal.
In 2017, the Centre underwent major renovations in order to better meet the changing needs of its clientele. Residents from the second and third floors of Henri-Bradet Residential Centre temporarily moved to Pavillons C and D on the 4th floor at the Jewish General Hospital (JGH), for the duration of the renovations.